Identity perception management for a regional gec through rebranding
In a market where there are channels launching everyday and the existing ones vying for entertainment-seekers’ attention, here was an established regional GEC (General Entertainment Channel), a Telugu satellite channel, hit by an identity crisis of sort.
Having been around for almost twenty years and becoming a preferred household entertainment channel, it was slowly beginning to look staid and boring. Now was the time to overhaul its identity, both for its team and the outside public.
White pitched and won the mandate for giving the brand a refreshing look, by undertaking a comprehensive communication strategy.
- Corporate Stationery (along with the brand guidelines)
- Visual and verbal Identity
- Developing and executing themes for festivals and important days
- Branding and designing of the in-house newsletter ‘Imaagine’
- Environment Branding for the office
- Executing advertising campaigns for daily content like soaps, movies,
- Concept to completion of the annual ‘Cinemaa Awards’
- Digital e-mailers on promoting TRP Ratings, Annual Reports etc.
- Conceptualisation of the campaign for ‘Meelo Evaru Koteshwarudu’ (the regional version of Kaun Banega Crorepati)
MAA Television got a completely new look, which also led to the change in identity perception of the brand. It went from being an old-school 90s television channel to one for the millennials.